Orangeville’s Secret Ingredient
story by: Jenn Hannan
What are the ingredients to a great place to live? I asked my daughter why she loves to live in Orangeville and she simply said “It is safe and there are lots of fun things to do”.
Choosing a place to live is one of the most important life decisions we have to make. It can shape who you are as a person and your outlook on life. You have to decide what is important to you in your life, whether it be availability of jobs and employment opportunities, safety, schools, access to parks, green space or recreation.
Orangeville is located in Southern Ontario, Canada and is situated 1 hour northwest of Toronto. In the summer months It is a vibrant place with a small town charm, surrounded by picturesque landscape, golf courses, rowing, sailboarding, bird watching, picnicking, camping, hiking trails, shopping, antiques, arts and crafts, casual and fine dining, theatre and other leisure activities.
Recipe for Orangeville - Summer 2015
Historic Charm – Dynamic Future
- Arts & Crafts
- Theatre & Film
- Stir in amazing one-of-kind artwork headwatersarts.com
- Taste local food from Orangeville Farmers’ Market Saturdays, 8am-1pm, runs to Oct 2 orangevillefarmersmarket.downtownorangeville.ca
- A dash of family fun lotsofun.ca
- Fold in some jazz orangevillebluesandjazz.ca
- Whip on some hiking boots creditvalleyca.ca
- Add some local drama from Theatre Orangeville theatreorangeville.ca
- Serve up some mouth-watering ribs orangevilleribfest.com
Combine all your ingredients of the local food, nature, events and mix together to enjoy the best Orangeville has to offer this summer! Orangeville is a great community to live, work, grow and play. A town infused with rich history and varied activities, creating a fresh approach to living.
Fun Fact – There are 8km of multi-use trails around Orangeville. The goal is to have a 15km recreational loop around the Town eventually linking the trails to Island Lake, Monora Park and the Credit River trail.
Serves (Population 2011): 28,520